Does anyone knows what “V-cards” mean? I was at a Hotel reception in Spain and there were a bunch of American teenagers around. One of them just said to the other “Go race some V-cards” by which he surely meant “shut up” and it was supposed to be offensive. I asked two of my American friends the next day and they said they had no idea what that could have been. I’m almost sure I heard it correctly because there was a Spanish girl among those teenagers who asked “what’s V-cards” and one of the American girls explained to her in a low voice that I could not hear. Though the word “race” might’ve been “raise” or something like that!

he meant "rase" like erase. basically said "go fuck some virgins".

oh yea? April 26, 2007, 10:07pm

margaret, that was quite fun!

goossun May 11, 2005, 6:17am

Oh, I didn't mean that there is a video game called V-cars, I was merely suggesting he could have misheard and perhaps they were talking about a video game (I have no idea if it exists - more than likely it does not).

margaret May 11, 2005, 4:33am

what is this video game? And how new? I heared this V-card last September.

goossun May 10, 2005, 4:21pm

Are you sure they didn't say "race some V-cars" referring to some new video game the youngins are playing? (this comment makes me sound old - I'm actually 25!)

margaret May 10, 2005, 6:22am

Certainly! :) ~s

Sarah May 10, 2005, 12:00am

Dear Sarah
Yes it was "race" but I wasn't sure what I heard was race or raise. Speedwell suggested that it is more likely to be raise.
You seem to be a good slang source! Keep in touch :-)

goossun May 2, 2005, 4:37pm

The original posting read, "Go race some V-cards."

If someone is blowing off a friend with an angry retort, then, there are some horrible expressions such as: "go get some" and "somebody needs to get laid." These would be relatively synonymous with telling someone to go and find oneself a virgin.

It explains the quiet hush-hush attitude, too.

Looking at the common postings with "V card" references, (, there is more support for the idea of it being a virginity reference.

Sarah May 1, 2005, 8:41pm

So what does "Go raise some V-cards" mean then?

goossun April 30, 2005, 7:13pm

as a youngin' (age 22), I'd support Justin's respond first and foremost. A "v-card" is known in schools, magazines and online quite commonly as one's virginity.
If you have your v-card, you have your virginity.

Sarah April 29, 2005, 1:18pm

Cool. I did not know that.

Well, OK, then the word must still have been "raise!" :)

speedwell2 November 18, 2004, 7:57am

0 vote    Permalink    Report Abuse adds: 'All virgins have a "V-Card" until they "cash it in" for sex.'

spaztic November 18, 2004, 1:53am

It is also slang for someone who is a virgin. Probably explains the rudeness in the tone.

Justin November 17, 2004, 5:14am

I think you're right and the word must have been "raise." A "vCard" is an electronic business or visiting card that people pass around by beaming from their PDA or cell phone. I think the "V" must stand for "virtual," as in "virtual reality." The kids you saw must have been "working" the crowd for business or social contacts.

Look here:

As far as the rudeness of the statement you heard, it seems to me to mean something more like "go away and make yourself useful" than merely "shut up."

speedwell2 November 2, 2004, 7:58am