My Walmart

A Facebook reader complained that another commenter was incorrect to use the term “My Walmart” while speaking about the Walmart in closest proximity to her home. I use “my” like this all the time. Are we both incorrect to use the word “my” in this way, because we do not own the walmart as he points out, or is he just being a grammar prude?

Technically he is right. but everyone understands what you mean so hes just being too precise.
A correct way would be: The Walmart i usually go to...

Rik853 Jul-15-2021

0 vote   Permalink   Report Abuse

I vote for "my __" as being grammatically correct; it's colloquially common and universally understood through context. (Nobody thinks you are Walmart Corp., for example.) The complainant is a psuedo-grammarian.

Ramart Jul-15-2021

1 vote   Permalink   Report Abuse

Do you have a question? Submit your question here