One Love

I would like to know more about the meaning of the popular song, One Love, by Bob Marley. It’s especially popular now in the States because of the current tv ads on traveling to Jamaica. Thank you!

It's anti-atheist hate propaganda. ;)

speedwell2 December 10, 2004 @ 6:00PM

Well, I originally intended to be ironic (that's what the smiley means), but the following excerpt from the lyrics is pretty clear:

"Let's get together to fight this Holy Armagiddyon (One Love!),
So when the Man comes there will be no, no doom (One Song!).
Have pity on those whose chances grows t'inner;
There ain't no hiding place from the Father of Creation."

To which I want to respond, "None of your Christian pity, thanks... and while you're at it, cancel that holy war, OK?"

I'm not giving a link to the lyrics site where I got this because it will massively infect your computer with spyware.

speedwell2 December 16, 2004 @ 4:40PM

I think Bob was a Christian, he was talking about the love which Jesus taught us that's why he is telling us to give thanks and prase to the Lord(Jesus is Lord, God is LORD), so if he believed Jesus as the Lord that makes him Jesus's follower. If you listen even to other reggae singers(like Burning Spear), you'll hear them talking about God and Jesus so Rastafarian is not a religion, it is the way of living.So Bob and most rastas are Christians.

MM3J October 22, 2013 @ 10:04AM

I like boys because they r fun to play with and sometimes they can be hard on u.

Shanile holloway October 22, 2013 @ 6:20PM

Bob Marley used words as if he was writing and singing a gospel hymn!! How can he write and sing about praising the Lord, about worshiping the Lord of Creation and about Hopeless Sinners unless he believed that. Some can say he was not a 'Christian' but so what. Jesus never used the word 'Christian' as if those who accepted him should have a group name. He brought what the Father desired, to redeem all people who make the choice to accept that he sent Jesus to give us compete forgiveness and allow us access to the Heavenly Father and His Kingdom. If anyone acknowledges who Jesus was they will be in Heaven when they die. One can disagree with that but look at what the Bible clearly says ... and I say "Praise the Lord for that!!" Bob Marley's songs talk about that and the ONE LOVE of the Father. He doesn't mix words!!

criscdean August 18, 2014 @ 7:19PM