Your Pain Is Our Pleasure

We proofread your Google Docs or Microsoft Word files within 24 hours. We hate grammatical errors with passion. Learn More


Thad B

Joined: January 25, 2013
Comments posted: 5
Votes received: 0

No user description provided.

Recent Comments

This is similar to the "that that" problem, which I have myself found utilizing. Perhaps, if not in such a rush with emails, I would find the time to reconstruct my sentence to avoid "that that", though I don't find it difficult to understand when I read it myself. Perhaps others do.

Thad B March 27, 2017, 7:28pm

0 vote    Permalink    Report Abuse

English, at least American English, is an evolving language. I am abhorred by radio, television and my own just-adult children who have seemed to have forgotten what an adverb is. The sentence "He ran really quick" irks me constantly but seems to be common usage these days. While I dislike the new usage, I am also not an advocate of using Old English, ergo - I am accepting of the evolving language.

Thad B March 27, 2017, 7:20pm

0 vote    Permalink    Report Abuse

I use "Hello Jim"
and sign,


I work for a high tech American firm in New York.

Thad B March 27, 2017, 6:06pm

0 vote    Permalink    Report Abuse

In the US or Canada I would say that café is the place to go to have coffee when speaking English (either variety). And yes, I would use the accented-e when spelling it. So you can "go get some coffee" or "would you like to meet me at the café for a cup." BTW - Hortons, Dunkin' Donuts or Starbucks are not café's (maybe Starbucks depending on location.)

And though usually with a soft word like hotel, you would think that 'an' would be proper, but it sounds funny to me (since I use a hard H in my New York hotel.)

Thad B July 2, 2013, 6:26pm

0 vote    Permalink    Report Abuse

... and now in 2013, on a Mac, you can just hold down the letter e (or a,i,o,u) and mouse over the desired diacritical mark.

Thad B January 25, 2013, 7:17am

0 vote    Permalink    Report Abuse