Am I Missing Something?

How would one punctuate the following sentence?

We walk with you every step of the way from initial conceptual design, through case illustration, document drafting, and implementation.

(I feel like there should be something between ‘every step of the way’ and ‘from initial conceptual design...”)

A comma separating FROM and INITIAL would make it read better.

dave June 23, 2005 @ 11:16AM

I agree with Dave Ratzinger, er, I mean, Dave Rattigan.

wayneleman June 23, 2005 @ 11:49AM

actually, i think it shouldn't be:

we walk with you, every step of the way, from the initial conceptual design, through case illustration, document drafting, and implementation.

nor

we walk with you every step of the way, from initial conceptual design, through case illustration, document drafting, and implementation.

infact, the sentence is just too long i think, so i would actually just rephrase it...

i would write it:

from initial conceptual design, through case illustration, document drafting, and implementation, we walk with you every step of the way.

hmm, i have no clue if any of this is right, it just sounds right to me haha.

by the way, nice site ^_^

saint June 23, 2005 @ 12:14PM

What's wrong with a hyphen?

We walk with you every step of the way - from initial conceptual design, through case illustration, document drafting, and implementation.

jwalser June 24, 2005 @ 7:23PM

USE THE HYPHEN!

margaret June 29, 2005 @ 6:41AM

Get it right: It's not a hyphen--it's a DASH.

lamont2718 June 30, 2005 @ 1:27PM

I will never forget the difference again -- now that I know the difference. THANKS SEAN FOR BEING SO BITINGLY CORRECT WITH YOUR GRAMMAR!

margaret July 1, 2005 @ 3:36AM

... What about a colon?

"We walk you through every step of the way: From initial concept design, through case illustration, document drafting, and implementation."

That would break up the sentence, at least. Wouldn't you say?

rin July 20, 2005 @ 2:07AM