Your Pain Is Our Pleasure

We proofread your Google Docs or Microsoft Word files within 24 hours. We hate grammatical errors with passion. Learn More


Word for Stroller Toppling Over

If you have a kid and a stroller, I’m sure you’ve experienced this many times. You hang a lot of stuff from the handle of the stroller, and when the kid jumps out of it, the whole thing topples over.

One of my friends wants a word for this (a verb). I tried to think of one, but I couldn’t come up with a good one. (”Stropple”, for instance, isn’t so good because the sound of it lacks the impact of the actual event.) Can anyone think of one?

Submit Your Comment



Sort by  OldestLatestRating

How 'bout "flumpf"? For example, "After we went grocery shopping, the stroller flumpfed."

kurt.ralske June 28, 2009, 5:43pm

2 votes    Permalink    Report Abuse

A word for the stuff falling out of or off the handle of the stroller could be a "stravalanche".

egkg June 29, 2009, 6:18am

2 votes    Permalink    Report Abuse

well, they're "prams" where I'm from (Australia) so something like "pramtastrophe" seems to work okay. "praccident" or simply "prang" (which is an existing word for crashing a vehicle - not sure if that's too local for you) might do...

adamatsya July 5, 2009, 4:09am

1 vote    Permalink    Report Abuse

A 'strollover', perhaps?

bfclark July 8, 2009, 2:05pm

9 votes    Permalink    Report Abuse

Yes     No