“it” after the word “known”

This is what I’d like to have engraved on a memorial brick, but the last line doesn’t look correct with the word “it” after “known”.

I’m glad most
folks let me know
they’re religious.
By their actions,
I wouldn’t have
ever known it.

Personally, I would go for "I wouldn't ever have known."

But it's pretty subjective, really.

A purist would say, "I wouldn't ever have known it," on account of the split infinitive in the original (HAVE [ever] KNOWN].

dave February 8, 2009 @ 9:41AM

Hi,

I'm Hazel Jones and I work in a company interested in blog advertising. I found your blog engaging and I'm contacting you to ask if you are interested in blog post sponsorship.

If you are interested, kindly mail back at teamcasino[at]dcemail[dot]com, indicating the url of your blog for reference, and I'll send you back pricing details, guidelines and processes. Looking forward to doing business with you.

Sincerely,

Hazel Jones

teamcasino February 9, 2009 @ 1:37PM