“Live local.” Is it a complete sentence?

Is the following a complete sentence? Live local.

I guess it's like "Think different." I don't have an answer but I would be curious to know if "Live local" would be grammatically correct.

Dyske June 22, 2012, 6:44am

Yes, it's a complete sentence. It's an imperative, urging you to, perhaps, participate in matters relevant to your local community and/or stimulate your local economy. I don't know your context, but I imagine it's something like "Don't travel to the Riviera; go to your local beach. Don't buy cheap foreign knock-offs. Forget the Louvre; go to a nearby museum. Eat at your local restaurants. Join the PTA. Live local."

porsche June 22, 2012, 7:46am

It's worth mentioning that in "live local" (like in "think different"), "local" is an adjective that's being used as an adverb, ie "live locally", "think differently."

Kyle June 22, 2012, 8:50pm