Submitted by Dyske on June 28, 2009

Word for Stroller Toppling Over

If you have a kid and a stroller, I’m sure you’ve experienced this many times. You hang a lot of stuff from the handle of the stroller, and when the kid jumps out of it, the whole thing topples over.

One of my friends wants a word for this (a verb). I tried to think of one, but I couldn’t come up with a good one. (”Stropple”, for instance, isn’t so good because the sound of it lacks the impact of the actual event.) Can anyone think of one?


Sort by

How 'bout "flumpf"? For example, "After we went grocery shopping, the stroller flumpfed."

2 votes Vote!  •  Permalink  •  Report Abuse

A word for the stuff falling out of or off the handle of the stroller could be a "stravalanche".

2 votes Vote!  •  Permalink  •  Report Abuse

well, they're "prams" where I'm from (Australia) so something like "pramtastrophe" seems to work okay. "praccident" or simply "prang" (which is an existing word for crashing a vehicle - not sure if that's too local for you) might do...

1 vote Vote!  •  Permalink  •  Report Abuse

A 'strollover', perhaps?

9 votes Vote!  •  Permalink  •  Report Abuse

Your Comment