Fair Enough

Is there any meaningful difference between “fair enough” and “good enough?” Is “fair” in this context a degree of quality (good-fair-poor-bad) or does it denote fairness in a judicial sense?Thank you!

The latter.

"Good enough" is about quality; "Fair enough" is is an expression of approval, in a judicial sense, as you say.

Dave3 Jan-04-2005

0 vote   Permalink   Report Abuse

agreed with Dave.

Ivy1 Jan-05-2005

0 vote   Permalink   Report Abuse

I use them interchangebly without any specific circumstance. The "good enough" applies also to quantity in this scenario. In betting who can eat Buffalo Wings (yes, I am from Buffalo, NY), one might say: "If you eat 5 more pieces, I'll give you another 5 bucks, good enough?" In response, the contestant says: "How about 10?". The rebuttal says: "Fair enough!"

Unggit_Tjitradjaja Jan-06-2005

0 vote   Permalink   Report Abuse

I've always heard "fair enough" used in situations, for example, where two friends are disagreeing about something.

"I wouldn't do such-&-such, it's rude!"
"Oh, but I do it because x..."
"Oh, fair enough." (meaning "I see your point," or "If it works for you" or anything like that)

Johanna Jan-08-2005

0 vote   Permalink   Report Abuse

"fair enough" is juz the english way of showing how they see ur point when u explained urself or sthg like that.

naeboo Feb-09-2005

0 vote   Permalink   Report Abuse

when a person says "fari enough" they r implying that both sides are under an equal understanding. fair used like both sides are equal

Nikki1 Apr-30-2005

0 vote   Permalink   Report Abuse

Do you have a question? Submit your question here