How to use floccinaucinihilipilification

I recently stumbled across the word “floccinaucinihilipilification” and have been struggling to find ways of using it in polite conversation.

Any suggestions?

I agree with dave. That's the only way to use it without drawing raised eyebrows. :-P

amjad April 22, 2012, 7:48am

It would be impolite to verbalize that word, because it is difficult to say without spraying spittle on nearby listeners--both while actually saying it, and then immediately afterward when you are snorting trying not to laugh.

BJONES April 20, 2012, 7:45pm

My suggestion would be not to use it. ;-)

docmartn April 7, 2012, 2:25pm

I can't even pronounce this word. so difficult

Jack082 March 17, 2012, 3:20am

I remember that show. The host was Paul something.

dave March 8, 2012, 1:18pm

I don't think I'd ever use it in conversation, polite or impolite. There was however a game show in the UK called Catchword (early nineties?) where you had to make the longest word you could from a given set of letters. This particular F-word came up all the time.

chrisbolton20 March 8, 2012, 1:10pm

I have a floccinaucinihilipilification of the use of "floccinaucinihilipilification" in conversation.

njtt March 7, 2012, 5:33pm

You did fine just now.

dave March 7, 2012, 2:54am