Terms of Endearment from the 20s and 30s

I am playing rooster in a production of Annie and I need some terms of endearment that were used in the 20s and 30s. I use the term “blondie” but the woman I say it to isn’t blonde. How about “sweet cheeks”? Any help?

Never heard "Blondie" from that period except to a blonde. "Sweetheart" was in use heavily back then, but the real tell-tale endearment of the era (from a man to a woman) was "Dollface", or just "Doll". Also people did say "Baby" back then, too.

Colleen November 2, 2011, 4:10pm

Thomas guzzi November 3, 2011, 10:51am

Sheba- one's girlfriend, Sheik- one's boyfriend Example: "He's my Sheik and I love him so."

Marybeth November 9, 2011, 11:40pm

Why are you ad-libbing? Shouldn't you only be saying lines from the script, as written?

BrianB February 1, 2012, 6:22am